Area: Venues ManagementDepartment
Reports to: Roma Khanna, Tournament Director, Local Organising Committee (LOC), FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup India 2020
Place: New Delhi, India
Type of Contract: Conditions to be confirmed by the Organization
Email application with one-page resume to: email@example.com
Email subject: Head of Venues Management Application
Application Deadline: June20, 2019
Background: India will host the FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup in 2020. It will be the first time the country hosts an event from the world football governing body. This is the third most important event of the FIFA calendar for Women’s Competitions, with 16 countries playing 36 games in 4 venues across India. The FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup has been a key steppingstone in the careers of a large part of world football stars and will be one of the most important events ever to be hosted in Indian football history.
The tournament has a huge worldwide reach, with an estimated global audience of about 200 million viewers from almost 200 different countries, which is a golden opportunity to show India throughout the world, its cities, culture and the capability of organizing an event of the highest standards.
The FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup will have a lasting influence in Indian Football, upgrading the infrastructure, setting up proper game operations standards and improving the overall quality of the game. Undoubtedly, the FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup India 2020 is primed to be a game changer for Indian Football.
Job Description: This position will be responsible for managing the day-to-day relationship of the World Cup venues for the LOC. In order to fulfil this role, it must establish a string rapport with key stakeholders at the Venue Level (Stadium Authority and Training Site Authority), to ensure that compliance is maintained in every aspect.
The Head of Venue Management must monitor the on-ground completion of the deliverables at the Venue level, particularly the infrastructure and regulatory front to ensure a safe, effective and efficient operation of stadiums and training sites during the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup India 2020.
The Head of Venue Management must work jointly with the Tournament Director of the LOC to implement strategies, action plans, protocols and business plans that have as an objective fulfil the Mission and Vision of the Organization.
- Head the LOC Venues Operations Department within the preparation work of FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup India 2020
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the overall stadium and training site operations prior to the Tournament.
- Establish a relationship with all the Stakeholders of the Venues to ensure the timely compliance of all infrastructure and regulatory requirements for the Tournament.
- Ensure the compliance of infrastructure and regulatory matters for stadiums and training sites for handover to their respective venue teams in the lead up to the tournament.
- Supervise all procedures related to infrastructure, regulations, services and utilities in stadiums and training sites are carried out as per the agreements reached with FIFA.
- Managethe relationship with the different specialist consultants for infrastructure and services, including Infrastructure Agency, Energy Consultant, Pitch Management Agency, etc.
- Prepare stadium and training sites operational plans with inputs of all the internal LOC resources and liaise with stadium and training sites authorities for their prompt understanding and implementation of them for Tournament
- Work closely with the Head of Venues at each of the venues to ensure that all infrastructure and regulatory compliances are met.
- Support the LOC Overlays team to ensure that the requirements for stadiums and training sites are met as agreed with all Functional areas
- Supervise the setup, maintenance and management of all utilities and services at stadiums and training sites to ensure compliance with all functional operations for the facilities.
- Oversee the preparedness process for stadiums and training sites prior to the start of the Competition.
- Work with the Training site managers at each venue to ensure that all requirements are met (pitch management, security lighting, cleaning and waste, etc)
- Oversee the pitch management process on a day-to-day basis in the lead up to the tournament, and work closely with the agency/agencies responsible for maintaining the football pitches to the highest standards.
- Supervise the process of delivering accurate and up to date stadium and training sites plans by the infrastructure consultants.
- Ensure the adherence to all policies and procedures as approved by the LOC
- Establish a plan of actions to comply with benchmarks and timelines.
- Responsible for the management of all venue documentation including but not limited to the Venues task forces of the LOC
- Track the requirements of FIFA in the infrastructure, services, utilities, regulatory and pitch management areas and prepare contingencies plans in case the requisites change.
- Close all Venue matters and reporting by 30 days after the end of the Tournament.
- Apply budget control systems in the area and supervise the expenditures for the Venues Operations team.
- Work Efficiently with FIFA and other interested parties in all the venue management related activities.
- Develop its work consistently with the values of the organization.
- Other tasks and projects that may be required from the Tournament Director from time to time.
Key Performance Indicators: Will be communicated in due time by the Tournament Director in accordance with the goals established between FIFA and the LOC for the FIFA U17 Women’s World Cup India 2020. The indicators will be calculated on the basis of the Venue Management deliverables and requirements met in a timely manner.
- Full university education in careers such as Sports Management, Administration or related field. A combination of relevant academic qualifications and experience may be accepted;
- At least 5 years working experience and 2 year in leadership positions;
- Working knowledge of special event operations, venue operations, overlay, facility management and project management.
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Strong organisational skills, time management, communication skills and attention to detail required
- Strong budget and delivery experience in project planning and management. Excellent computer knowledge which includes excel and demonstrated skills in project management
- Effective leadership and people management skills with an ability to build rapport
- Capacity to process a wide range of information and communicate it clearly to relevant stakeholders. Excellent presentation, listening and consulting skills.
- Ability to remain open to suggestions and not easily intimidated by challenges.
- Proven leadership capacity and good relationship with subordinates in high stress moments;
- Excellent written and oral skills;
- Advanced Level of English;
- Advanced Level of knowledge in Microsoft Office platforms such as Excel, Word and Powerpoint;
- Stadium operations experience is a plus.
- Working experience on infrastructure projects is a plus
- Working knowledge of sports pitches is a plus
- Experience in dealing with different Government organisations is a plus
Strong service-oriented approach.