PHYSIOTHERAPIST – INDIAN NATIONAL TEAM BOYS’ U-15
Advertisement open during: should be open for 14 days
Job Category: Indian National Team staff (Professional), AIFF
No of opening/s: 1 (One); Male
Area: India U-15 National Football Team (2003/04 Boys’)
Reports to: HEAD COACH, India U-15 National Football Team
Team’s training base: Various locations in India
Type of Contract: Conditions to be confirmed by the organisation
Salary and perks: Commensurate with qualifications and experience & AIFF norms
CV & cover letter to be sent to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 14th day from opening of advertisement
Date of joining: within a week of candidate selection
The AIFF is creating the next cycle of Indian national youth teams that will participate in AFC, FIFA, Asian Games’, Olympic Games’ campaigns and eventually serve Indian Mens’ football in the long term. The AIFF is seeking to appoint a technical team and support staff skilled at nurturing talent in the crucial stage of youth development as per the demands of International football.
The physiotherapist will be charge of injury prevention, recovery and rehabilitation programmes for the team under the direction of the Head Coach. The incumbent will also be expected to work in concert with the rest of the support staff with the prime motive of controlling the physical state of the youth players in their crucial period of growth. This position will be key link in the development of youth players who will influence Indian football for the next decade and more.
The schedules of the team could be at various locations in India and overseas and the incumbent will be expected to travel and stay with the team as per the programme.
- Design and implement the injury prevention, recovery and rehabilitation programme for each member of the squad as per the requirements of the Head Coach. Also take charge of players invited on trials and during selection camps.
- Providing first-aid during trainings/matches, treatment and management of musculoskeletal injuries, assisting in co-ordination for managing medical investigations and examinations, as well as working in conjunction with the team comprising of technical coaches, fitness trainer, team manager, analyst & others, keeping the goal of sustaining the team’s development as top priority.
- Ensure wellbeing of each member in the squad or present at trials/camp. Ensure precise communication is maintained between player, head coach, fitness trainer and self from the player fitness point of view.
- Make efficient use of the available resources while maintaining medical equipment. Seek financial approvals from the team manager wherever required.
- Maintain player data in terms of physical measurements and returning players to optimum match-fitness.
- Maintain exemplary personal behaviour to maintain and enhance the status of the Indian National team. Be a mentor and role model to the young players in the team in a way that players learn about the demands of the sport from the physical perspective. Be sensitive to the differences in the cultural background of players expected to be part of an Indian national team.
- Participate in/contribute to any seminars/teaching programmes/conferences/etc. organised by the key stakeholders viz., All India Football Federation &/or the Sports Authority of India in relation to the incumbent’s domain of expertise.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Evidence of players’ injury recovery and rehabilitation
- Head Coach assessment
Detailed KPI to be established and reviewed in consultation with Head Coach.
- At least 5 years of experience as chief physiotherapist in a professional youth football programme or any other physically demanding sport participating in international/national level competitions.
- Holder of Master’s Degree in Physiotherapy from a government recognised institute or equivalent or having commensurate experience as follows:
- at least 10 years in top-flight Club football in India or overseas (i.e. I League).
- International national team experience in youth and/or senior category. Being part of trophy-winning teams will be an advantage.
- Equivalent experience in any other physically demanding sport will also be considered
- Relevant Specialisation certificates will be an advantage
- Proven record of experience especially in pitch-side trauma during high-intensity competitions.
- Good communicator in Hindi and English. Other Indian languages will be a plus.
- Willing to drive own development as physiotherapist through recognised courses and licences.
- Able to visualise and pursue ambitious goals that may disrupt the prevailing scenario and take Indian football to great heights.
- Pleasing personality with professional attitude; willing and able to strike rapport with youth from different cultures in an environment with language limitations. Able to motivate players during their times of injury/rehab, etc. to return to full fitness as professionals.
- Proven leadership skills and respectful attitude towards subordinates in high-pressure moments. Willing and able to create a legacy for Indian football.
- A satisfactory level of ability in using applications like Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Cover letter/CV should mention references from recognised national federations/associations with whom the candidate has worked.
- Candidates should be willing to produce Registration Certificate, other documents, as asked for, for background checks/due diligence. The documents will include, among others, original certificates in support of date of birth, educational & professional qualifications, experience certificates, etc. along with one set of self-attested photocopies.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within a week after the application deadline. Shortlisted candidates should be ready to present themselves for interview/s in person within a week or earlier. In certain unavoidable circumstances, the interview/s could be conducted through a webcam over the internet. Related travel & lodging/boarding expenses will have to be borne by the candidate. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview/s.
- The selected candidate will be expected to join the Indian U-15 national team (Boys’) immediately/latest within a week of selection.
As the job may involve regular overseas travel, a candidate is expected to hold a valid passport and should be able to produce documents, if asked for, to prove his/her worthiness to travel.